Whether you choose to work with a real estate professional or a realtor, it’s important to note that only a licensed professional can sell you a home. Make sure you take the time to ask questions about their background and qualifications before choosing someone to work with.
Questions to ask you realtor or licensed real estate professional:
Buying a home is likely one of the biggest investments you will make in your lifetime so it’s not unreasonable to be a little selective when choosing a real estate professional. Remember, you have the right, and the freedom to choose a real estate professional who’s capabilities, experience, and drive you are most comfortable with. Coming up with a list of questions to ask prospective agents is a great way to get a better idea of their personality. Here are a few questions you may want to add to your list:
- What are you professional designations? What professional experience do you have?
- How familiar are you will my chosen community?
- What can I expect from you during the buying process? What will the buying process look like?
- Can I have a list of your references?
- How will you stay in contact during this process? How can I expect to hear from you?
- What’s your philosophy about working with inexperienced home buyers? On Honesty?